PhysElec staff have decades of experience with all aspects of high-voltage engineering as it relates to lightning protection, surge protection and earthing & grounding. Examples of projects undertaken include:
- Corona studies of lightning rods at various state-of-the-art high-voltage facilities around the world;
- Impulse testing of air terminals at various state-of-the-art high-voltage facilities around the world;
- Investigations into the fundamental gas discharge physics affecting corona performance of lightning rods;
- Finite element modelling to optimise the positioning of lightning rods on buildings; and
- Investigations of side-flashing from downconductors.